Monday 12 March 2012

Sugar Topped Blueberry Muffins

Hello All,
I cannot believe it has been a month since I've posted.  I have really been slacking, I'm going to try and do better this month. 



Sugar Topped Blueberry Muffins
Courtesy of My Blessed Life

Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt (I used regular salt)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind (I did not use)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla and add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir quickly with a fork, just until moistened. Toss blueberries and sugar together and gently stir into batter along with lemon rind.
2. Spoon batter into a greased muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. While muffins are still warm, dip tops in melted butter and then in sugar. Make approx. 12 muffins.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment