Monday 18 June 2012

Graduation Cupcakes

You'll need:
- cake mix
- frosting
- peanut butter cups or chocolate cups from molds
- fudge graham cookies
- smarties
- licorice strings


For the graduation caps, I made the bottom part from chocolate cups I made out of a candy mold.  I think put a bit of icing on top to glue it to the cookie.  Using a little more icing you glue cut up licorice strings and a smartie to the top.  After you cupcake is frosted you can put the cap on top.

* I found that mini cupcakes were not the best to use for these.  The caps were causing the cupcakes to tip over.  I also noticed that the canned frosting was slippery, and the caps would slide off.  Next time I suggest making regular sized cupcakes, and using buttercream frosting.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment