Recipe Courtesy of Food.com
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas, softened (8 inches each)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can chopped green chilies
1. In frying pan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is done.
2. Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tsbp. cheese to each tortilla.
3. Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
4. Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
5. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and green chilies; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
6. Top with remaining cheese and bake at 400F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish in bubbly.