Sunday, 10 February 2013
Potato Bacon Casserole
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Bachelor in the Kitchen
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8 inch square baking pan.
2. Layer 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon, and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers. Combine evaporated milk, egg, and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
3. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
***I couldn't find frozen shredded hash browns, so I picked up a bag of non-frozen in the deli department. It still had to bake for an hour to let the milk soak in.